Doug McGuff M.D. became interested in exercise at the age of 15 when he first read Arthur Jones’ Nautilus Training Bulletin No. 2. His interest in exercise and biology led him into a career in medicine. In 1989, he graduated from the University of Texas Medical School at San Antonio and went on to train in Emergency Medicine at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences at Little Rock where he served as Chief Resident. From there, Dr. McGuff served as Faculty in the Wright State University Emergency Medicine Residency and was a staff Emergency Physician at Wright-Patterson AFB Hospital.
Throughout his career Dr. McGuff maintained his interest in high intensity exercise. Doug realized a lifelong dream when he opened Ultimate Exercise in November, 1997. Over the past 13 years Dr. McGuff and his instructors have continued to explore the limits of exercise through their personal training clients at Ultimate Exercise.
In addition to his work at Ultimate Exercise, Dr. McGuff is a partner with Blue Ridge Emergency Physicians, P.A. Dr. McGuff Lives in Seneca, South Carolina with his wife of 25-years, and their Children Eric and Madeline.
Doug is the best selling co-author of Body by Science and The Body by Science Question and Answer Book.
- Visit BodbyScience.net
- Buy Body by Science on Amazon
- Buy The Body by Science Question & Answer Book on Amazon
- Watch Doug McGuff’s full talk at T21C 2010
- Download the full powerpoint from this presentation (free).
- Download the full length MP3 of this presentation.
- Dr. McGuff would like to thank Paul H. for helping inspire this presentation.