Drew Baye’s High Intensity Training

Drew Baye, returning speaker to The 21 Convention and star of The Community Tapes documentary series, is a leading authority on exercise physiology, has extensive experience training clients one on one, and is the author of the world’s most popular high intensity training blog, Baye.com.

Drew has also had the opportunity to meet and learn from the some of the most knowledgeable people on the planet regarding exercise, including Nautilus inventor Arthur Jones, Ellington Darden, Ken Hutchins, Jim Flanagan, Joe Mullen, John Little, Greg Anderson, Doug McGuff, Ryan Hall and others.

Drew currently lives and trains clients in Altamonte Springs, FL and is in the process of completing a series of books on high intensity training.

1. Lloy says:

Some times I look at this guy and think to my self… ‘FUCKING GENIUS’. the point he made about pre exhaustion VS grip spacing on the chest press just made so much sense.

2. [...] a nutshell, you increase intensity as much as possible and in turn decrease volume and frequency. Drew Baye’s High Intensity Training*|*The 21 Convention You can also watch Doug McGuff's presentation which goes into further details about why and how [...]

3. Aaron says:

Diet is 90% of the game anyways and will decide on your body composition
    You can have the best training strategy in the world, with poor diet you ain’t getting nowhere…

4. Mike says:

High intensity exercise is stupid. I am a personal trainer myself, and am going into grad school for physical therapy in fall 2012.

Learn what the muscles do … I.e. chest brings arms towards the midline of the body …. And apply that to traditional training. Mix strength training and hypertrophy training for max results. One week strength and one hypertrophy. Track weights and how u feel on that day. Always strive to improve even by a half rep.

Your muscle is composed of different fibers and this type of training doesn’t utilize them all. His talk about fats is retarded and carbs are a huge source of energy, more for than fats. More carbs to get maximal workouts and ur body will shift to fat oxidation later.

This is good for the non trained person, as in any “system”

I could go on for days but it’s a waste of time … I base my knowledge of science and not what popular people have done. Learn real anatomy and how the body uses different macronutrients. This is a lot of “bro science”

• You should stick around and watch more videos. Sadly, you do not have a clue what you are talking about at present. Even the bio-mechanics you hint at are backed by a bizarre understanding that will probably cause or contribute to serious injury throughout your life.

But of course, must be the bro-science, not your schooling that will cause the injuries.

Good luck!

• Ernesto Bergemann says:

I have to agree with Dream. I’ve gotten f**king crazy results with the material pressented here. And I have before and after pics. Seriously. 9 months training this way and I finally have the lean muscular physique that 6 years of “conventional” training completely failed to give me. If anyone doubts this stuff is effective, without doing proper research on the matter, they can only be known as dipsh*ts/f*cktards. Opposing views though, backed by evidence…those make for a good debate.

• Dillon Harris says:

I too am a physical therapy student and have a wealth of “traditional” fitness and science knowledge under my belt, but for you to completely disregard HIT as “stupid” is quite ignorant. The little rant you went on is about as bad as it gets. I’m not an expert on HIT training by any means, but do a little research and you will realize these guys are about as credible as it gets. Drew Baye is extremely meticulous with his research and does not hesitate to change his training approach if science deems there is a better, more efficient way to achieve a desired result. I would suggest starting with Dr. Doug McGuff’s Body By Science and that will give you a little better understanding of this approach and why your ACE certification may not be all that the weekend course instructor lead you to believe.

5. niall says:

hey,
    I really like and agree with this video. High intensity and diet are key. The only problem I have with it is that I NEED to exercise more than once every 5-10days!! I am currently doing crossfit training and I find my weightlifting weights continuously going up, i am more flexible from the gymnastic aspect and fitter from their cardio. I am just wondering do I need to give up my current 4 training days a week at crossfit to follow this program??

Topics: